The WCDPL Children's Place promotes early literacy through Every Child Ready to Read @ Your Library. This early literacy initiative was created by PLA/ALSC (Public Library Association/Association for Library Service to Children).
Learn more about Every Child Ready to Read @ Your library and the value of Talking, Reading, Writing, Singing, and Playing with your young child!
Join us for weekly Baby & Toddler and Preschool Storytimes, and look for monthly Every Child Ready to Read Workshops.
Check out these resources for Early Literacy as well:
- Ohio Ready to Read
- Help Me Grow -- Early Intervention (Wood County WSOS)
- Ohio Department of Education - Early Learning and Development Standards
- Babies Need Words Every Day
- Reading Rockets - Resources to launch young readers
- Zero to Three - National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families