Resources at WCDPL:
- Ellison Die Cuts - Cut out letters and shapes that are great for posters and other creative projects. For a list of what we have, please click on the attachment at the bottom of the page.
- Teachers: Library Assignment? Call the Children's Place (419-352-8253) prior to assigning a topic for class study. Books will be pulled and put on closed reserve (non-circulating status) in the library.
- Teachers: Need Books for a Unit? Call the Children's Place (419-352-8253) or email firstname.lastname@example.org a week in advance to have books on a topic held at the Children's Place for you. We will need to know your name, the school/daycare it is for, the best way to contact you, what topic(s) you need, how many books you would like us to pull, the preferred age range, and when you need them by.
Learning Tools for You and Your Tween or Teen:
- AdLit.org - All about adolescent literature for parents and educators.
- Your Dictionary
- Inside Story Flashcards - "The World's Most Interesting Way to Learn Words." Memorable pictures paired with new words, a short definition, and a sentence using the word describing the picture.
- Spelling and Vocabulary - Take a test, play a game, or see flashcards based on your personalized list of words.
Resources for You:
- Connect Safely - Find on-line safety tips and advice.
- Helping Books, Helping Families - A resource center compiled to assist families and caring adults with finding and using quality children's literature. Includes children's and teen literature titles, fiction and nonfiction.
- Family TLC - Search for age-relevent activities and articles on child development.
- Tufts University Child and Family Web Guide - Best sites about infants, children and teens supported by the William T. Grant foundation.
Home Schooling and other Educational Resources:
- Sites for Teachers - Find hundreds of educational web sites.