Are you looking for a positive activity for kids of all ages during our compliance with Gov. Mike DeWine's Stay at Home order? Please consider participating in our community #WCDPLBearHug Project! Here's how you and your family can participate:
- Put a teddy bear in a front window.
- Print (download a coloring sheet from the attachment link below) and color in our #WCDPLBearHug sheet and place it in your front window.
- Encourage your child to read to their teddy bear and/or set up a Stuffed Animal Storytime at home.
- While out getting exercise and fresh air - Enjoy a BEAR HUNT - look for teddy bears or the #WCDPL coloring sheet in your neighbors' windows.
- Practice social distance when you're out looking for bears.
- Read the story We're Going on a Bear Hunt, based on the picture book by Michael Rosen and illustrated by Helen Oxenbury, published by Simon and Schuster (used with permission) together.
- Click here to watch an animated short film based on the book on HOOPLA!
Please take photos of things you and your family are doing together and share on social media with #WCDPLBearHug #InThisTogetherOhio. We will look for these photos too and share them here with you.
- Talk to your kids about all the positive people and "Helpers" who we appreciate and who care for us.
- Find resources and information HERE on talking about coronavirus with your children and teens. (Thank you to the New York Public Library).
- Take advantage of stay-at-home activities developed by children's authors and illustrators. (Thank you to BGSU)
- Locate Wood County on the Ohio state map and consider using that heart to express what else you love.
- Share a virtual hug! Look for the love in your community!
- Create, enjoy, and share small, but special moments together.
- Keep Calm And Read!