Resources at WCDPL:
- Ellison Die Cuts - Cut out letters and shapes that are great for posters and other creative projects. For a list of what we have, please click on the attachment at the bottom of the page.
- Teachers: Library Assignment? Call the Children's Place (419-352-8253) prior to assigning a topic for class study. Books will be pulled and put on closed reserve (non-circulating status) in the library.
- Teachers: Need Books for a Unit? Call the Children's Place (419-352-8253) or email firstname.lastname@example.org a week in advance to have books on a topic held at the Children's Place for you. We will need to know your name, the school/daycare it is for, the best way to contact you, what topic(s) you need, how many books you would like us to pull, the preferred age range, and when you need them by.
Learning Tools for You and Your Tween or Teen:
- AdLit.org - All about adolescent literature for parents and educators.
- Inside Story Flashcards - "The World's Most Interesting Way to Learn Words." Memorable pictures paired with new words, a short definition, and a sentence using the word describing the picture.
- Spelling and Vocabulary - Take a test, play a game, or see flashcards based on your personalized list of words.
Resources for You:
- Find titles by Accelerated Reader and Lexile Reading levels in our catalog or by title
- Ohio Means Jobs - Online resource for career and educational information, including career exploration tips, training, and assessment techniques, and ACT and SAT prep
- OnGuard Online - On-line safety tips and advice for parents
- Living Life Online - On-line safety tips and advice for students
- Connect Safely - Find online safety tips and advice.
- Family TLC - Search for age-relevant activities and articles on child development.
Home Schooling and other Educational Resources:
- Sites for Teachers - Find hundreds of educational websites.