Resources at WCDPL:
- Buttons for Teaching While Masked - Send a headshot to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will make a button for you to wear in your classroom so that young students know what you look like under your mask. While supplies last!
- Ellison Die Cuts - Cut out letters and shapes that are great for posters and other creative projects. For a list of what we have, please click on the attachment at the bottom of the page.
- Teachers: Library Assignment? Call the Children's Place (419-352-8253) prior to assigning a topic for class study. Books will be pulled and put on closed reserve (non-circulating status) in the library.
- Teachers: Need Books for a Unit? Fill out the embedded Google Form below a week in advance to have books on a topic held at the Children's Place for you. We will need to know your name, the school/daycare it is for, the best way to contact you, what topic(s) you need, how many books you would like us to pull, the preferred age range, and when you need them by.
- Teachers: Arrange a Virtual Meeting with Librarian. We are happy to talk to your class over Google Meets to tell them about what's going on at the library, how to find digital resources, and many other topics! Contact us at 419-352-8253 or at email@example.com to set something up!
Learning Tools for You and Your Tween or Teen:
- AdLit.org - All about adolescent literature for parents and educators.
- Inside Story Flashcards - "The World's Most Interesting Way to Learn Words." Memorable pictures paired with new words, a short definition, and a sentence using the word describing the picture.
- Spelling and Vocabulary - Take a test, play a game, or see flashcards based on your personalized list of words.
Resources for You:
- Find titles by Accelerated Reader and Lexile Reading levels in our catalog or by title
- Ohio Means Jobs - Online resource for career and educational information, including career exploration tips, training, and assessment techniques, and ACT and SAT prep
- OnGuard Online - On-line safety tips and advice for parents
- Living Life Online - On-line safety tips and advice for students
- Connect Safely - Find online safety tips and advice.
Teacher Request Form