Maintenance Assistant (full-time, 37.5 hours/week)
The WCDPL Maintenance Department is responsible for ensuring that all library buildings and their components, grounds, parking lots, vehicles, furnishings, equipment, and program venues are clean, safe, functioning properly, and are ready for use by library patrons and staff.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Assistant performs a variety of routine-to-skilled maintenance duties referenced below under Essential Duties.
Full-time position (37.5 hours per week) with:
- Hiring range of $15.00 to $17.00 per hour, based on experience
- Benefits include: OPERS retirement; health insurance (library pays 80% of premium for employee & 50% for spouse/family), dental insurance (library pays 80% of premium for employee), vision insurance (library pays 50% of premium for employee), & life insurance; deductible reimbursement plan; flexible spending account; paid holiday, vacation, & sick time.
- Schedule: weekdays 7am to 3pm, with 2-4 evening/weekend shifts per month to support events.
- Completion of high school diploma or GED.
- One (1) year experience performing maintenance tasks in an employment setting.
- Positive work history as part of a team.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, following required safety procedures.
- Valid driver’s license, insurable, & possess own vehicle to travel to work sites.
- Ability to pass a detailed criminal background check and a drug test.
Essential Duties (list is not all-inclusive):
- Assumes lead role in performing daily cleaning tasks (30% of the time) including cleaning and stocking restrooms; sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, waxes floors; dusts, washes, disinfects, polishes furniture & surfaces; empties and cleans waste and recycling receptacles; delivers recycling; washes windows; cleans breakroom; assists staff in cleaning their offices; etc. Alerts supervisor when supplies need to be ordered or equipment needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Assumes lead role in performing landscaping (mowing, weeding, planting, pruning, etc.) and snow/ice removal tasks (30% of time).
- As assigned, performs scheduled and unscheduled repair work (20% of the time) in a safe, timely, effective, and efficient manner involving noncomplex construction, carpentry, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, small engine, and basic vehicle maintenance skills with priority given to patron/staff comfort & safety.
- Assists and actively supports all library staff in insuring venues are ready for library events and programs (15% of time) including: moving/setting-up tables, chairs, AV equipment, etc.
- Assembles, disassembles, and relocates shelving, decorations, and furniture. Moves boxes of books.
- Responds, as part of a call list, to alarm incidents 24/7.
- Required to safely lift, push, pull, and carry heavy objects (60 pounds or more) such as ladders, tables, chairs, boxes of books, etc.; to reach, bend, or stand for long periods of time; to climb ladders; to push or pull loaded book carts; etc.
- Operates hand and power tools and equipment in a safe manner at all times.
- Transports and delivers materials and equipment between various locations.
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned or directed in order to promote and ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Wood County District Public Library. Interacts with library vendors, volunteers, staff, and patrons in a way that best represents the library’s vision, mission, and core values. Requires sound judgement and decision-making at all times.
To apply, submit a detailed cover letter, a current resume, and a completed job application (available below) to: Maintenance Assistant Search, Wood County District Public Library, 251 N Main St, Bowling Green, OH 43402 or email to AngieBabcock@wcdpl.org.
Review of applications begins immediately. No emails, phone calls, nor in-person queries.
IT Assistant (full-time, 37.5 hours/week)
Schedule: Mondays through Fridays 9am to 5pm, with intermittent evening/weekend shifts to support events.
Hiring Range: Negotiable between $19.00-$22.40/hour ($37,050-$43,680/year), DOE.
Benefits: OPERS retirement; health insurance (library pays 80% of premium for employee & 50% for spouse/family), dental insurance (library pays 80% of premium for employee), vision insurance (library pays 50% of premium for employee), & life insurance; deductible reimbursement plan; flexible spending account; paid holiday, vacation, & sick time. Total salary/benefit package value approximately $50-$55,000.
Primary focus of position is to support the technology needs of library staff and patrons. This position operates as the first line of technology support, troubleshooting, training, and assistance for library staff. Resolves technical issues at all WCDPL locations; assists with special IT projects, deployments, AV systems, training, routine maintenance, recordkeeping, etc. The IT Assistant is a key support to the entire staff.
- Minimum two (2) years post-high school work experience primarily responsible for comprehensive computer maintenance and user support; or an equivalent combination of formal training and experience.
- Demonstrable strengths and experience in troubleshooting, user support, and training.
- Ability to provide relevant examples that demonstrate a strong grasp of network computing components and concepts, with proficiency in efficient troubleshooting techniques, computer configuration, and maintenance of networked computer systems.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including teaching users one-on-one and in classroom settings.
- Strong team player.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting systems and maintaining Microsoft and mobile operating systems, peripherals, audio-visual equipment, and related technology for live and streaming library programs.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while working without direct supervision.
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check and a drug test.
- Valid driver’s license and insurability under Library policy.
Essential Functions of the Position (list is not all-inclusive):
- Provides technology support services to staff and the public, resolving problems and answering technical questions.
- Performs hardware and software deployments accurately and efficiently.
- Maintains computer hardware and applications; analyzes problems and provides resolution; maintains accurate documentation.
- Manages Microsoft Windows and various cloud operating systems and applications.
- Ensures all library technology remains accessible, reliable, and secure.
- Maintains confidentiality in accordance with Library policy, applicable laws, and regulations.
- Performs any & all other duties as assigned or directed in order to promote, further, and ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Wood County District Public Library.
To apply: Submit the following to AngieBabcock@wcdpl.org:
- a detailed letter of interest stating why you are the right person to meet this library need
- an updated resume
- a minimum of 3 work-related references, one from a supervisor, with current contact information
- a completed WCDPL employment application (available at wcdpl.org/employment)
Review of applications begins immediately. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No calls or inquiries; applicants notified of search status as decisions are made.
Wood County District Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment applications may be downloaded from the attachment below.
Applications are kept on file for 6 months and reviewed as openings occur.