- Deemed an essential asset by the community, WCDPL strives to engage everyone with learning opportunities and creative experiences.
- WCDPL encourages lifelong learning and advances knowledge through literature, information, and exploration.
- Accountability. We take responsibility for our resources, actions, services, materials, and facilities.
- Expertise. We deliver quality, user-focused library services and materials through a skilled staff.
- Freedom. We are free and open to all. We support the free exchange of knowledge.
- Innovation. We explore new ways of doing things and new things to do.
- Passion. We love our communities and the role libraries can serve in them.
- Respect. We treat everyone with dignity.
- Teamwork. We celebrate our diverse experience. We build connections and trust with everyone
- We offer traditional and virtual library services to our entire legal service district.
- We provide quality, in-demand, diverse materials to meet the needs of our diverse community.
- We deliver materials and experiences for babies, preschoolers, and families to build early literacy skills.
- We collect and share the history, genealogy, and stories of our service district.
- We link our patrons to our materials with learning, literary, and cultural opportunities.
- We provide welcoming community gathering spaces.
- We offer entertainment in a variety of formats and through partnerships.
Adopted by the Board of Trustees, July 17, 2017
See the library's 2019-2021 Strategic Plan, approved by the Board of Trustees at their October 22, 2018, meeting and the preceding Strategic Plan (for 2013-2015) in the attachments below.