Our annual Novel Night Benefit will be held Thursday, July 21 from 5:30 to 8: 30 pm at the Veteran's Memorial Building in Bowling Green City Park.
The goal of the WCDPL Foundation's Novel Night is to raise funds for library materials through ticket sales, sponsorships, and auctions. It is the generosity of sponsors and donors which make it possible for all proceeds from the Benefit to be used for the purchase of new books, audiobooks, eBooks, picture books, and large print books.
Ticket cost is $100, and limited tickets are available for purchase from the Circulation Desk at the Bowling Green Library. Tickets can also be purchased online by clicking here. Once purchased, tickets will be mailed directly to you. Please bring your tickets to the event.
Novel Night is hosted by the WCDPL Foundation, and underwritten by generous donors.
Supporting Novel Night
We hope that you will consider supporting Novel Night by purchasing a ticket, donating items to our live or silent auctions, or becoming a sponsor. The purpose of your gift remains, as always, to purchase books and other materials that will educate, inspire, and entertain our patrons. Your generous response will help make that happen. Make a donation by clicking here.
- Contact Angie Babcock at (419) 353-8044 if you are interested in:
- Donating a basket for the silent auction (or individual items which we can combine into a basket)
- Donating an item for the live auction, with a suggested minimum value of $200 minimum
- Providing a sponsorship
Here are some compelling reasons why this year's Novel Night is so important to the library:
- More than 22,000 cardholders borrowed over 511,000 books and other items in 2021 from the Bowling Green and Walbridge locations and the Bookmobile, thus demonstrating that the WCDPL system remains an integral part of the communities we serve.
- Additionally, 15,649 new items were added to the library's collections in 2021. This level of investment in the collections was made possible due to prior support of the Novel Night benefit.
- Over 12,000 people attended library programs in 2021, including book clubs, storytimes, and author visits. The library is an active place dedicated to learning and discover opportunities.
Major sponsors of $1,000 or more will be recognized on a permanent plaque in the library and on our 2022 Novel Night Donors page, which you can find by clicking here. 2021 Novel Night Donors can also be found by clicking here.